Friday, 10 April 2009

First Impressions


I have been struggling for a while with writing my first note in this blog. I spent a little over aweek in Jerusalem for the programme training, and I will spend the next three months in Bethlehem, Palestine. The impressions and feelings I am dealing with are already so many and so strong, that I find myself in a state of writer's block. So I will start off with some photographs that I took in Jerusalem last week and as I get my thoughts sorted, I will write more detailed notes on my experiences. Happy Easter!




Nuns at palm sunday procession, Jerusalem.























Pilgrims, palm sunday.



Western Wall, Jerusalem.


Jewish family celebrating a bat mitzvah in front
of the Western Wall.



Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem with the Western Wall (wailing wall/klagemuren) below. A few metres in front of the wall was the Moroccan Quarter which was demolished within 48 hours as the Israeli forces gained control of the area after the Six-Day war in 1967.

No comments:

Post a Comment